June 1 - August 1, 2017
Adults - Teens - Kids - Families
Build a Reading Habit at the Orland Park Public Library this summer!
Our Reading by Design challenge begins Thursday, June 1 at 9 a.m. and ends Tuesday, August 1 at 9 p.m. Patrons of all ages may register in person at any reference desk. Once registered, you will receive your Reading by Design booklog to record your summertime reads!
- Friday, June 16 is the first day to return your booklog.
- Patrons who have completed their goals and returned their booklog by 9 p.m. on Tuesday August 1 will receive a reward courtesy of the Friends of the Orland Park Public Library.
- Limit one reward per registered OPPL cardholder with completed booklog. Quantities may be limited.
- Booklog must be stamped by Friday, August 4 at 9 p.m. to receive reward.
- Once you reach your goal, read additional books to earn chances to win. See Reading Builds Bridges section!
Reading by Design Summer Reading Challenge Events
Attention All Students
All students who attend schools within the Village of Orland Park that have been visited by the Orland Park Public Library for summer reading promotion may register for the Reading by Design summer reading challenge. Students must present a current library card from their home library.
- Register for the Reading by Design summer reading challenge at the Youth Services or Adult Services desk.
- Teams may have 2 or more family members, ages birth and up.
- Each member must have a valid Orland Park Public Library card.
- When all of the family team members complete their summer reading goals, hand in your Reading by Design form at either the Youth Services or Adult Services Desk to be entered into a drawing to win a prize for the entire family!
- Drawing will be held on Monday, August 7, 2017
The Family Challenge is sponsored by Village of Orland Park Sportsplex and Brookfield Zoo.